There are two different ways to travel by the “Trenino Verde”: the trains to rent and the trains in calendar
!!!On the “Trenino” you can carry also the bicycle (to know much more look at the and of the page)
- Trains to rent
they are the type of travel preferred from groups, associations, agencies who prefer to rent the train and to personalize the travel(route-times-stops), because they can rely on an certain number of sharers.
You could ” yours own little train ” choosing the composition of the train: one or more carriages, with steam or diesel- locomotive.
The price is different according to the demanded travel, and obviously it is more expensive for a long travel and if it will be used historical material (steam-locomotive and ancient carriages).
For example, these are the prices for a travel of 75 km, with some compositions of carriageable material.
2 Rail-car diesel
Locomotor diesel with 1 carriage
Locomotor diesel with 1 old carriage
Steam-Locomotive with 1 carriage
Steam-Locomotive with 1 old carriage
- Trains in calendar
They are the tourist trains who travel only in some periods of the year: it is possible to organize also by themselves, buying a ticket in the departure- stations, in the conventioned agencies or directly on the train.
Saturday and Sunday
17/6-26/6 e 2/9- 10/9
The availability of the tourist lines there is in the periods indicated in the following table:
– By request: the distance can be covered only by request and only if the request is made with 5 days in advance and for 25 persons at least.
-the Statal Railways Services are connected to the circuit ” Friendtrain”: they organize special trains also in others dates, in occasion of events of tourist interest.
>TRAIN AND BICYCLE
In the programme” going by bicycle” the Province of Cagliari organizes 11 distances to cover by bicycle on the provincial territory.
The Barumini-Isili distance, of modest difficulty and already enjoyable, ends in the Isili-Sarcidano station, where it is possible to go on by the “Trenino” carring the bicycle.
>WHO TO ASK TO
- to rent a train and to have more informations about the trains in calendar:
Tourist office of the Railways of the Sardinia
c/o Museum of the railways, Pompeo street, Monserrato (CA) tel. 800460220 (free number); tel/fax 070580246 web-site: http://www.ferroviesardegna.it /
- if you have just chosen the way, you can contact directly:
– the Year Directions of Cagliari (07057930346) for the lines Mandas-Arbatax and Isili-Sorgono
– the Year Directions of Macomer (078570001- fax 078572358) for the Macomer-Bosa draft
– the Year Directions of Sassari (079241301- fax 079250755) for the Nulvi-Palau draft