>what: a polilobate nuraghe and village
>subregion: Meilogu (Logudoro)
>place: Valley of Nuraghes (Cabu Abbas plain)
This is one of the most imposing nuraghes in Sardinia. The first building dates from the Bronze Age (1500 BC) but it was in use in the Roman period. It is made of trachyte and consists of a 3 level tall central tower which is surrounded by an imposing bastion. The bastion has three towers on its top and encloses a courtyard and a well. There are beautiful camminamenti di ronda which open on the bastion that surrounds the main tower. Inside there are numerous niches, watchtowers and embrasures.
This nuraghe is surrounded by a hut village. This hut village was inhabited for many centuries after the nuragic period.
Entry fee includes access to a museum Torralba
This site can be reached by coach.
A guide of the site is available.
by Federico Fonnesu