HOW TO REACH COSTA REI
- from Cagliari: you reach the Poetto beach. You go along the seafront to Margine Rosso, where the beach ends. Then turn right towards Villasimius, as indicated by road signs. Continue along a beautiful coastal road and after 50 km you will reach Villasimius. Follow the road signs to Costa Rei, then to Muravera.
!!an advice!! Avoid setting out during weekend rush hours, there is heavy traffic on the coastal road.
- From Olbia: ss 125 (Orientale Sarda): it is a beautiful but difficult. There are breathtaking sights, but the bends and the road are narrow. The route Olbia-Nuoro-Cagliari-Villasimius-Muravera is easier although slightly longer: you take the SS 131, where traffic is more smooth flowing.
- From Alghero: you must reach Cagliari.
- From Porto Torres: you must reach Cagliari.
By bus (ARST-Sardinian Regional Transport Company)
- Information and timetable
ARST – Cagliari: tel. 070 4098222; 070 4098324; free number 800865042. Tickets can be bought on board but are cheaper if you buy them before.
Panoramic road, overlooking the whole Golfo degli Angeli (Gulf of Angels). The only defect are bends, even though they aren’t particularly winding.