first page | beaches | the area | what to do | info | shopping
traditional shopping | eat | nightlife | where to sleep | rent a house | how to reach Sardinia
HOW TO REACH COSTA VERDE
- from Cagliari: S.S.131 as far as Sanluri; S.S. 197 as far as Guspini; Provincial Road towards Montevecchio
- from Cagliari: S.S. 130 as far as Decimomannu; S.S. 196 as far as Guspini; Provincial Road towards Montevecchio
- from Olbia: S.S. 199 and S.S. 597 as far as Codrongianus; S.S. 131 as far as the crossroads towards Terralba, 16 km after Oristano; S.S. 197 as far as Guspini; Provincial Road towards Guspini
- from Alghero: S.S 131 bis as far as S.S. 131; S.S. 131 as far as the crossroads towards Terralba, 16 km after Oristano; S.S. 197 as far as Guspini; Provincial Road towards Guspini
- from Porto Torres: S.S. 131 as far as the crossroad towards Terralba, 16 km after Oristano; S.S. 197 as far as Guspini; Provincial Road towards Guspini
By bus (ARST – Sardinian Regional Company of Transport)
- Info and timetable
ARST – Cagliari: Tel 0704098222; 0704098324; free number 800865042
Tickets can be bought on board but are cheaper if you buy them before.
Advice about roads
S.S. 197, S.S. 196 and especially S.S. 131 are fast-flowing freeways. Avoid driving during the warmest hours in the summer.
How to reach the beaches by land
Costa Verde beaches are very beautiful but not so easy to reach. You have to go beyond hills, which separate Arbus and Guspini from the coast, if you want to reach the sea. Roads are very narrow, not always paved and above all very winding. Driving on a similar road for 15 km will seem to take a very long time!
However nature and wild landscapes lovers will be satisfied. It is beautiful to see the sea again, where the hills start sloping down towards the coast. The dunes in Piscinas are indescribable.
An advice for carsick people: drive slowly and don’t travel during the warnest hours, especially in the summer.
The northern road is more comfortable: drive along the S.S. 126 towards Arborea. Go through the village and on towards Marceddì. Go beyond the bridge, which crosses the pond. Then turn right after about 200 m. Go on straight as far as Costa Verde.