the abandoned mines
- What: mining complex and village
- Province: Cagliari
- Subregion: Iglesiente
- Municipality: Iglesias
- Locality: Nebida
It is a village founded in the nineteenth century, to house the miners who worked in the local ore deposits.
Nebida still preserves the original facilities: the remains of the Lamarmora washery, recently restored, are worth a visit. The washery, the most modern one in the Island in that period, was built in 1897 on a hydro-gravimetric system, moved by steam, which included crushing, desliming and jig classifying.
On one side of the complex some calcination ovens are visible, which were used to reduce the weight of the mineral loaded on lighters in the landing place.
texts Federico Fonnesu
web editing SP