first page | beaches | the area | what to do | info | shopping
traditional shopping | eat | nightlife | where to sleep | rent a house | how to reach Sardinia
HOW TO REACH COSTA SMERALDA
- from Cagliari: SS 125 as far as Olbia. After 6 km turn towards Costa Smeralda
- from Cagliari: SS 131 as far as Codrongianus, then take the SS 597 and the SS 199 towards Olbia.
- from Olbia: SS 125 towards Palau. After 6 km turn towards Costa Smeralda.
- from Porto Torres: SS 131 as far as Codrongianus; from there take the SS 597 and then the SS 199 towards Olbia.
- from Alghero: SS 127 bis as far as Sassari, then the SS 131 as far as Codrongianus; from there take the SS 597 and then the SS 199 to Olbia.
By Bus (ARST – Azienda Regionale Sarda Trasporti)
- Info and timetable
ARST – Cagliari: Tel 0704098222; 0704098324; free number 800865042
Tickets can be bought on board but are cheaper if you buy them before.
Olbia, Corso Umberto +39 0789/22718. Airport +39 0789/69150
- SS 125 (Orientale Sarda)
– a panoramic road
– drive in the daylight to enjoy the view.
– it is a very winding road. It can be a difficult journey if you have young children.
- SS 131, SS 597 and SS 199
– fast and easy to drive. In the summer it is better not to travel during the hottest hours.